Monday, May 16, 2011

Work + Time Management

Ever since I entered college, I've been really active with my extra curricular activities. I first joined GMG. It's a media production thingy whatever (I don't know the exact thing they call us) of DLSU. I joined it because I wanted to do those things, like make productions for the different groups in Cultural Arts Office. I also wanted to meet a lot of people because I wanted to know more about college and my course is related to the things they do in GMG. It was a really fun experience for me. Then my friend asked me if I want to join Santugon as a campaign officer. I signed up for Santugon during their recruitment and it is really my first choice of political party since I've heard a lot of things about Santugon because my friend once ran for a position in USG under Santugon. Then I also joined our Batch Government and was accepted as AVP for Publicity. Not long enough, I joined University Frosh Core for Santugon. So mainly, I spent my first year of college with GMG, Santugon, BG and my blockmates. I loved being busy and I got used to it since I'm living in a condo near DLSU which gave me more time to waste. It was kind of exciting and I became really productive since my jobs demanded lots of effort and time. But as things are going on, there are times that I've been really busy that I left my academics at risk. This scenario happens every once a term and it's kind of killing me. What can I do if I'm happy with what I am doing?

Okay, the first part is some kind of a short, more like long, introduction of what I will be talking about in this post.

Our university's newly elected USG Treasurer talked to me and offered me a position in his office for this school year. My boyfriend and I broke up and forgetting is somehow hard for me to do, so I accepted his offer. And, who wouldn't want to work in USG. As the summer went on and on, and recruitments / applications are everywhere in Facebook, I tried applying for OSEC. I don't know. I guess I just wanted to keep myself busy so I could be more productive and forget everything that's distracting me. I was accepted also. Then Daddy Kiel talked to me about giving me a position in Santugon EVP because he was elected as Santugon's Executive Vice President. So basically, I have three jobs for next year. That is some kind of a whole pack of work. I applied for BSG, Batch Student Government, for this year and hoping to get a much lighter job, I applied for Logistics. But then, I got accepted for publicity. So here's the thing, with all these jobs, I really don't know how to do it. I mean, most of my jobs are publicity and I am quite afraid that I run out of ideas in mind. I'm pretty scared also that my academics would be in danger since I will be having majors this year. That's my concern. I don't know. I'm scared that I could have bad time management and things get screwed and such. I am really worried. But on a lighter note, it's quite a relief that I will get to be busy which means, I could take my mind off of everything I've been trying to avoid.

2 comments:

  1. kaya mo yan! I just know you can! :)
    whatever your orgs ask you to do you should always remember that acads come first :)

    ReplyDelete