Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Suitors + Parents


I don’t know why I came up with this topic even though I've been thinking about this for a few days now. I think I watched something that made me want to write about this or like my mom told me story. But oh well. I just thought about this, not even trying to talk to anyone or what, so calm yo tits.

My parents have never been the most open ones. They are the strictest people I know. They don’t allow me to do a lot of stuff but I always find ways. Haha. Anyway, most of my previous suitors never got into that usual meet-the-parents thing, basically because I never really allowed such, not that I didn’t want them to meet my parents. It’s just that I don’t like being awkward with my parents. Believe me, I’m the most awkward person ever, like an awkward penguin. Anyway, it’s not also about me being a coward for not doing something to make that happen, because I can really make that happen, did that once but my parents refused. I tried, yea. I just like testing people. And come on, do I have to be the one who should make a move about it? Do I always have to be the one who sets up everything just so the person could meet my parents? My mom talked to me once telling me that it’s okay to have suitors as long as he goes to the house. Well I guess nowadays, guys will court you without even considering first if it is legal to your parents or not. And that saddens me. I kind of wished of someone who would ask my parents if going out with me would be okay, because you know, having strict parents is scary but having a brave guy would be interesting. I just don’t want lying to my parents about something anymore. I don’t want to lie to my parents that there’s a project in school just so the guy could get the chance to go to my house or wait until my parents to go out of town so he could sit in or like be the one who gives the direction and date as to when he could come. If I tell my parents about it, it would be like “Oh you know, mom, the real project that we were working on was to make him go here and meet you, sorry that I had to lie, it was just hard for him” or like “Hi mom, I hitched with this guy just so he could know the direction from there to here, just so he could meet you and yes, I did it for him, I made it easier for him”. It’s just kind of disappointing how they couldn’t even try it themselves since they are “courting” you, that you were the one who should set and prepare things up just for them, to make it convenient for them to face your parents.

I never really made it feel important to get my parents’ approval whenever I’m having a relationship or what but it’s really important to me, being legal with my parents because they are so important to me that lying to them feels bad. But you know, the things we do for the people we love. This is cray. Haha.  Oh my thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment